Sunday, July 09, 2006

Starry starry night...too

Whoa. I put up a thoroughly depressed post here yesterday, which I've resaved as a draft (I haven't deleted it) so it doesn't appear. I didn't mean to get quite that sad with the world. Thank you, Leigh-Ann and Bcats for your caring comments.

Oh, ow, and I see a long sweet email from my sister. Sorry Linda. I'm fine, I promise.

It is very depressing when people who know me adopt from another shelter outside of our county. Usually they are only acquaintances and quite honestly forgot about me or didn't have my number. Or they suddenly decide they want a kitten NOW and I am not open to the public.

Or they were driving by the shelter, and it was a spur-of-the-moment decision. Some shelters are frankly gorgeous, and people stop in to "see the building" and end up taking home a kitten or, better yet, an adult cat. Good for the shelter! That's the point of a gorgeous building.

A saved kitten in a home is a saved kitten, no matter where it is adopted.

Still, when you are sitting here thinking that gosh, that person mentioned they'd be wanting a cat soon, it will be so nice to find a home for one of these guys...and then you learn months later that they already got a cat, and they got it somewhere else, and not even in this county, where we so desperately need help, and where people call when they want a cat RESCUED...well. It is a let-down.

Well, enough on that. Mark would like to borrow the laptop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that post, and I think that when you work as hard as you do, you can't help but feel tired and then depressed. The kind of work you do is unrelenting in that kittens are always being born and discarded. I admire you for what you do, but if you don't have help taking care of the kitties so that you can have an afternoon or day off, find it. And then go out and do something you love that has nothing to do with cats.

Anonymous said...

I stay up late to get all the good gossip ;-)

Seriously, it's no wonder you have a bad day now and again... the work is just non-stop. I'd imagine just a few extra frustrations would send any sane person into a bit of sadness. I also think we all need the occasional "self-pity party" to cleanse our minds and start fresh.

ancodia said...

I didn't see the post, but whatever happens (past *or* future), I am sorry. Hugs! You do awesomely wonderful, beautiful things (oh yes, you do!) and I know it can be discouraging sometimes in any one of a million different ways; I think anyone who lives in icky Reality understands that. :-)